18 September 2007

Week 8

Started week 8 an Easy Recovery week. I ran 10 mins, walked 1 min, 4x. I usually run in the mornings, but this morning was busy, so I decided to run this evening. I left the house about 6:45, thinking I could return before it got too dark. It was great when I started out, the sun was low in the sky and it wasn't overly warm. But I didn't enjoy the numerous small flying insects just hovering about in various locations. I killed one that landed on me, I ate another one that must have flown into my mouth during my exhalation, and upon returning home I found another one stuck to my forehead.
I forgot to leave my mom a note that I was out running, so I decided to run the direction that I know she would be returning home. She found me just after I passed the halfway mark. We waved and she drove on and then stopped. When I finally caught up with her, she decided to "drive" me the rest of the way. Since we were out on the country roads, she rolled down her window and talked to me as I kept running. Kind of odd, I know, but it was really nice to have some company. I have a mini radio, but it doesn't receive out here in the boondocks, so I'm left with my thoughts to keep my company as I run. That's not a bad thing, it's just not what I prefer. Anyhow, it turns out that it's a really good thing that she "drove" me home because dusk set in and the dark very shortly afterwards. I wasn't dressed for night running, particularly in the country, so I was extremely thankful to have my own vehicle escort.

No comments: