15 August 2007

A Good Run Indeed

I love to run. A few years ago I decided that I wanted a "runners" body. So....I began running. As did Heather. Together we are making our way through a running program. She has to run 3 days a week, and so do I. Hmmmmmmmmmm, sounds a bit like accountability don't you think? So about my run...

9:00 run, very nice run. Very nice due to the FABULOUS breeze. The first two miles were amazing indeed and I felt empowered by the pounding of my Nikes. So, I hit the half way mark and turned around. I ran for a bit more and became parched AND hot. Strange phenomena yah? Not really, I live in DC and it's HOT! The sun came out, the breeze left and the last few miles felt a bit like forever.

Did I love my run? Yes.
Will I go tomorrow? No.
Why not? I refuse to run two times in a row.
So what will you and Heather receive upon completion? A few less pounds and the ability to run endlessly...

2 comments:

Wilma said...

Laura,
What dedication! You are in good company. Darin's wife loves to run. Darin only runs on demand (His job, ha,ha! not for fun) She even runs pushing her 3 toddlers in the running stroller. Can't imagine how much weight that is. Samuel starts first grade so that will cut down on her load. To bad you don't live closer to them she would love a running partner as dedicated as you. Aunt Wilma

L & H said...

Laura,
Thank you for being such a wonderful friend and running parter. You're truly the best and I wouldn't be doing this without you.